Medford, OR 97504 ■ 541-951-8931 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org ■ http://www.zahrala.com/portfolio
Lead User Experience Designer
Problem-solving UX designer with over 15 years of experience creating innovative interfaces that are intuitive and easy to use. Leads global, cross-functional teams through the design process with a balance of big picture vision and attention to detail. Proven ability to increase market share for international corporations by up to 10% and reduce risk by up to 30% through the design and implementation of web and mobile applications. Enthusiastic self-starter with the focus and prioritization skills to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines.
Areas of expertise include:
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- Mobile Application Design
- Team Leadership
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Competitive Analyses
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Personas and Scenarios
- Wireframes and Prototypes
- User Testing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Axure RP Pro
- Lean Six Sigma
- Agile Development
HARRY & DAVID, Medford, OR
Senior Interaction Designer and User Experience Lead (2015 – present)
Lead the design of new features and improvements for e-commerce websites www.harryanddavid.com and associated multi-brand portal featuring eight additional gift brands.
- Led competitive research, user requirements definition, and user experience design for a suite of subscription features on desktop and mobile sites to increase opportunities for incremental revenue.
- Initiated a user research program that integrates usability testing and customer survey data into the UX process, ensuring that all projects are driven by user needs.
- Streamlined process for documenting and sharing designs with stakeholders, defined standards for research and design specification documents.
- Increased resolution of critical defects by establishing a shared process with Customer Service to document, track, and escalate issues that were negatively affecting conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Reduced home page bounce rate by 16% and increased conversion by 11% on the mobile website by identifying quick improvements to layout and design.
XEROX CORPORATION, Rochester, NY, 2005-2014
Interaction Designer (2009 – 2014)
Drive user experience innovation for multiple emerging technologies in Xerox’s international research group.
- Identified requirements, built scenarios, and led interaction design for web applications such as Xerox Adaptive Risk Platform, a tool that simplified use of predictive data analytics, resulting in a 30% reduction in loan delinquencies for a financial services client.
- Co-led The Future of Work research project exploring emerging work practices and technologies in healthcare, identifying opportunities for Xerox, and sketching innovative solution concepts for further exploration.
- Created interaction design workflows and wireframes for mobile printing applications that could operate within Xerox’s existing hardware and software infrastructure.
- Transformed web applications such as Trailmeme into high profile, user-friendly products by performing heuristic evaluations and soliciting feedback with user testing.
Design Analyst (2007 – 2009)
Directed Global Services client consulting engagements to improve production efficiency and usability for customer facing documents. Collaborated with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements for communication engineering.
- Redesigned the northwest’s largest health insurer’s Explanation of Benefits statement, empowering customers to make more informed healthcare choices and reducing costs for the business.
- Researched client’s brand and print production environment, led customer focus groups and cross-functional team storyboarding sessions to design and prototype custom document solutions for multiple scenarios on tight deadlines. Produced detailed design specifications for client execution.
User Interface Designer (2005 – 2006)
Conducted thorough user research activities and delivered innovative features to improve technologies in Xerox’s Industrial Design/Human Interface group.
- Conducted user research activities to improve the overall look, feel, and features for FreeFlow Print Server, a production printing application, securing a 10% increase in market share.
- Contributed new features and input, including the design of a new fax interface, for the WorkCentre 7655, an office multifunction device.
- Optimized customer input by planning focus groups and participating in usability tests to guide design wireframes and behavior specification documentation.
- Collaborated with software developers to iterate and implement designs for multiple features on tight deadlines in an Agile environment.
HEDONIST ARTISAN CHOCOLATES and ICE CREAM, Rochester, NY, 2007-2013
Co-founder and Marketing Director
Launched and grew two profitable companies from zero profit to $700K+ in annual sales.
- Defined strategic vision, conducted market research, and directed successful multi-channel marketing projects including the design, implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting of an ecommerce website which averages $50K in annual sales.
- Established brand and secured national attention by soliciting food blogger reviews and attaining Top 10 status in the New York Times.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Multimedia Designer, Ann Arbor, MI, 2003-2005
SELF-EMPLOYED, Freelance Web Designer, Santa Cruz, CA, 2001-2003, 2015
WISH SOLUTIONS, INC., Product and Web Development Manager, Web Designer, Campbell, CA, 1999-2001
Education and Credentials
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN SCHOOL OF INFORMATION, Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Science in Information: Human-Computer Interaction
SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY, Santa Clara, CA
Bachelor of Arts: Theater Arts, Design, Magna cum Laude
Design for Lean Six Sigma, Systems Engineering Green Belt Certification
Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI)
Usability Professionals Association (UPA)
Patents and Publications