Medford, OR 97504 ■ 541-951-8931 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org ■ http://www.zahrala.com/portfolio
Lead User Experience Designer
Problem-solving UX designer with over 15 years of experience creating innovative interfaces that are intuitive and easy to use. Leads global, cross-functional teams through the design process with a balance of big picture vision and attention to detail. Proven ability to increase market share for international corporations by up to 10% and reduce risk by up to 30% through the design and implementation of web and mobile applications. Conducts thorough and insightful user research, competitive analyses, and heuristic evaluations to drive customized personas, scenarios, use cases, and wireframes.
Areas of expertise include:
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- Mobile Application Design
- Team Leadership
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Competitive Analyses
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Personas and Scenarios
- Wireframes and Prototypes
- User Testing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Axure and Balsamiq
- Lean Six Sigma
- Agile Development
HARRY & DAVID, Medford, OR
Senior Interaction Designer and User Experience Lead (2015 – present)
Lead the design of new features and strategic improvements for e-commerce websites www.harryanddavid.com and associated multi-brand portal featuring eight additional gift brands.
- Led user experience design, user requirements definition and competitive research for a suite of subscription features on both the desktop and mobile sites that will increase opportunities for incremental revenue.
- Increased resolution of critical defects by establishing a shared process with Customer Service to document, track and escalate issues that were negatively affecting conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Streamlined process for documenting and sharing designs with stakeholders; codified standards for both static wireframes and interactive prototypes.
XEROX CORPORATION, Rochester, NY, 2005-2014
Interaction Designer (2009 – 2014)
Drive user experience innovation for multiple emerging technologies in Xerox’s international research group.
- Led user experience design, built scenarios, and identified requirements for web applications such as the Xerox Adaptive Risk Platform, a tool that simplified use of predictive data analytics, resulting in a 30% reduction in loan delinquencies for a financial services client.
- Co-led The Future of Work project exploring emerging work practices and new technologies in healthcare, identifying opportunities and challenges for Xerox, generating innovative solution concepts for further exploration.
- Created interaction design workflows and wireframes for mobile printing applications that could operate within Xerox’s existing hardware and software infrastructure.
- Transformed web applications such as Trailmeme into high profile, user-friendly products by performing heuristic evaluations and soliciting feedback with user testing.
- Supervised design resources for offshore team in India.
Design Analyst (2007 – 2009)
Directed Global Services client consulting engagements to improve production efficiency and usability for customer facing documents. Collaborated with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements for communication engineering.
- Redesigned the northwest’s largest health insurer’s Explanation of Benefits statement, empowering customers to make more informed health care choices and reducing costs for the business.
- Drove custom document solutions, by researching client’s brand and print production environment, leading customer focus groups, and heading up multidisciplinary team storyboarding sessions to prototype documents for multiple scenarios on tight deadlines. Defined technical specifications for production.
User Interface Designer (2005 – 2006)
Conducted thorough user research activities and delivered innovative features to improve technologies in Xerox’s Industrial Design/Human Interface group.
- Conducted user research activities to improve the overall look, feel, and features for FreeFlow Print Server, a production printing application, securing a 10% increase in market share.
- Contributed new features and input, including the design of a new fax interface, for the WorkCentre 7655, an office multifunction device.
- Optimized customer input by planning focus groups and participating in usability tests to guide design wireframes and behavior specification documentation.
- Collaborated with Software Development to share, iterate, and implement designs for multiple projects on tight deadlines in an Agile environment.
HEDONIST ARTISAN CHOCOLATES and ICE CREAM, Rochester, NY, 2007-2013
Co-founder and Marketing Director
Launched and grew two profitable companies from zero profit to $700K+ in annual sales.
- Defined strategic vision, conducted market research, and directed successful multi-channel marketing projects including the design, implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting of an ecommerce website which averages $50K in annual sales.
- Established brand and secured national attention by soliciting food blogger reviews and attaining Top 10 status in the New York Times.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, MI, Multimedia Designer, 2003-2005
- Increased graduate school applicants by 20% by designing and launching the program’s website.
FREELANCE WEB DESIGNER, Santa Cruz, CA, 2001-2003, 2015
- Designed and built responsive websites increasing exposure and sales for small businesses and non-profits.
WISH SOLUTIONS, INC., Campbell, CA 1999-2001, Product and Web Development Manager, Web Designer
Education and Credentials
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN SCHOOL OF INFORMATION, Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Science in Information: Human-Computer Interaction
SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY, Santa Clara, CA
Bachelor of Arts: Theater Arts, Design, Magna cum Laude
Design for Lean Six Sigma, Systems Engineering Green Belt Certification
Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI)
Usability Professionals Association (UPA)
Patents and Publications